Unhealthy Obsession

Evidence of how one college student's obsession with knitting has completely driven her nuts.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tivoli tee solved!

Kathy, the pattern creator, emailed me back after my crisis email with a very pleasant attitude :) Turns out, I misinterpreted the sizing for the pattern - it's actually meant for someone with a 34" bust.. no wonder it's huge!

What doesn't make sense to me though, is why a garment that is 31" at the bust is supposed to fit someone with a 34" bust. Can someone explain that to me? I am totally confused.

Well, looks like it's back to the beginning on this project, plus some math :P Hope my Andean Silk arrives soon so I can get back to my lace poncho instead of facing this mistake ;)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Veronique said…

    Hi, I've been thinking of making the Union Sq Market sweater, so I've been checking out knitters' blogs. I understand your problems with fit, I think everybody has them... In fact, there is a Knitty article all about fit. This is where I learned about "negative ease": the sweater is smaller than the wearer, but will strech when worn and magically fit. Check it out! http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/FEATspr05TBP.html
    Hope this helps.
    Veronique

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Diana said…

    Thanks for the link. I had seen that article back in the Ribbon X-Back KAL b/c there were so many issues with negative ease there, but it might serve to take a refresher ;)

    Are you a part of the Union Square KAL?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home