Unhealthy Obsession

Evidence of how one college student's obsession with knitting has completely driven her nuts.

Monday, July 04, 2005

More more more!

As if I didn't have enough to do.. I started another project today :P

Someone posted their Tivoli tee earlier today. I checked out the pattern and was impressed.. it looked easy, perfect for year round wear, attractive, and I had just the yarn lying around to make it!

In fact, I am already on the 9th row.. using Jo Sharp Soho Summer in 218 (cloudless - a light blue). So happy I found the perfect use for this yarn that's been sitting around in my stash for the last six months or so. It's much easier to knit with this yarn the second time around - knitting the Honeymoon Cami as my first project ever, with this yarn, was such a nightmare. Splitting everywhere, no elasticity, etc.

But, the pattern calls for 22 sts/inch and 30 rows/inch, and Soho Summer is supposed to get 22.5 sts and 30 rows.. could not ask for a more perfect fit.

I'm hoping to crank out this top in a week :) I've been a knitting machine! I am the master of stockinette, everything I've knit so far has been endless row after row of st st but frankly, that's the kind of stuff I like to wear.. so even though it can get boring, at least I get a finished product I like.

I also joined the Union Square KAL today.. not planning on making it anytime soon, since I have so many other projects on the needles, but am planning on making it eventually.

That's all for now, more later!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Hey there, nice to meet you (at the Union Square KAL)! I'm a Seattle knitter, too. Isn't the blogging community crazy, though? My project list and stash have both grown so much faster than I can knit, all because I get to watch people show off their fun projects. :) No complaints.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Diana said…

    Hi there, nice to meet you as well! I am constantly amazed at how small the online Seattle knitting community is, through interacting with people over KALs and blogs. Do you go to any SnB sorts of knitting groups?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home