Unhealthy Obsession

Evidence of how one college student's obsession with knitting has completely driven her nuts.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Project Updates

Apologies again for another picture-less post! It's been busy in my neck of the woods, so I've been hard pressed to make time to post, let alone prepare pictures.

This list of WIPs is as much for my organizational benefit as it is for your (whomever you may be) knowledge:

1) 1st priority: birthday scarf for my brother

I scoured the internet and the Weaving Works for the perfect cashmere yarn (i.e. moderately priced, high cashmere content, masculine colors, worsted or heavier), and ended up walking away with three balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in 300617 (a plum / purple-red shade) from WW. Price was right, and softness was very good. Would have liked more cashmere (because my brother is easily impressed with cashmere ;) but this works.

I'm making the (highly erroneous) Men's Cashmere Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Another blogger said it best when she said the pattern was completely online in the book corrections section of Purl's website. It appears to be the WS of moss stitch become the RS.

2) Tivoli tee

After much frustration and mathematical modifications, I came to the conclusion that if I were to knit the pattern as written at a smaller gauge, I would probably end up with a shirt that was the right size. Kate, the girl at WW, came to the same conclusion. So, 6 sts/in it is! I'll keep everyone posted on whether this experiment works ;)

3) Socks!

Yes, I finally returned the cabled socks that I started back in January! I think I am ready to give it the final push and crank out that second sock, and finally call it quits on this project.

4) Pink Cardigan

I learned much from this disaster. I am abandoning the Everyday Cardigan pattern, instead favoring a modified One Button Cardigan pattern with button bands, and going back to 5 sts/in instead of 4. Hopefully this will produce better results.

5) Lace Poncho

This is my lace project for Summer of Lace. Still waiting for my remaining yarn to arrive, I hope the dye lots aren't too different! I didn't even take that into consideration when I only ordered one skein to start. Unfortunately, one of my roommates lost/has been hoarding the key to our mailbox for two days, and I have no way of checking whether my yarn has arrived!

6) Cascade 220 sweater

Today I swapped in my brown for some purple-blue. I'm making a complete color reversal on this striped sweater. I have also put this on the back burner because of some modifications I want to make - mostly waist shaping and reduction in number of rows for each color stripe. It'll be a blue and orange striped "off the shoulders" type of sweater - I'm hoping it'll look good fall-winter-spring.

Lastly, I've been searching vigilantly for the perfect yarn to use for the Union Square sweater from the Fall 05 IK. I don't know if I mentioned that I joined the KAL. There are a couple other Seattle knitters there, so that's pretty exciting ;)

I'm playing catch up in class, so I might be absent for a while. Ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home