Unhealthy Obsession

Evidence of how one college student's obsession with knitting has completely driven her nuts.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Cashmere Scarf - Done!

Today I wove in the remaining ends of my brother's mock cashmere scarf (well, it's 12% cashmere) and finally blocked it.

I am sad actually.. I really messed it up during blocking. It totally flattened at one end and stretched out too much. The edges still curl in some parts. Overall, it's just really uneven and disappointing :(

I hate weaving in ends, and I hate blocking. I didn't want to wet block b/c it didn't seem necessary but steam blocking just didn't do the trick. My iron has a really tempermental steam function, sadly. Next time, I will wet block. It just seems easier.

I tried to weave in ends using a duplicate stitch method (as mentioned in this Knitty article), but I am not sure how successful I was.

It took about a week from start to finish, which isn't bad. I had a little yarn left over, I could have extended the scarf, but it seemed to be at a good length, I hope.

Pictures, measurements, etc to come.

For now, I am back to the lace poncho. I may have to order another skein of yarn, drat. I thought I could get away with it. I may also try some of the new Knitpicks solid sock yarns.. too bad the colors are so dark.. maybe they will expand the line soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home