Unhealthy Obsession

Evidence of how one college student's obsession with knitting has completely driven her nuts.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

WIP: Branching Out, 14.5 inches!

Ugh. I have been working on Branching Out nonstop since I started and I am only a third of the way done. I've got 14.5 inches (roughly 9 repeats) completed. There is no way I can finish this by Mother's Day.

Talk about frustration. As someone on the BO KAL said, I've been making "negative progress." I'll be knitting along swimmingly, no problems in several sittings, and then one sitting will have me completely fluxxomed for hours.

A missing stitch somewhere, or an extra stitch somewhere.. I will have to knit and reknit the same row several times, diagnosing along the way, still unable to find the problem.

The infamous "Row 7" used to give me the most problems, but lately it has migrated more to row 5.

This is going to be a fabulous scarf, I will post more pictures when I get further along (is it really that interesting to see me add 10 inches every couple of days?). It's so soft, I wish I was making this for myself.

I just got this book from the library today - it's called Beautiful Knitting Patterns, by Klopper. There are some nice lace patterns in there that I would like to incorporate into a scarf of my own design.

This sudden interest in lace can all be attributed to my foray into Branching Out, kudos to the designer! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home