Unhealthy Obsession

Evidence of how one college student's obsession with knitting has completely driven her nuts.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Flickr, Yarn Stash, X-Back Update: LONG POST

I apologize, I haven't updated in a while. I finished my Ribbon X-Back last night after much frustration and two nights of really plunking down to get it done. I'll update more here, but for now, check out my not so great pictures in the X-Back KAL.

I am very pleased with it, despite all the mistakes that were made. I didn't think I would want to make another one, but it is just so comfortable and well-fitting and cute that I am seriously contemplating trying another with the recommended yarn, Katia Ola.

After some well-deserved frustration with Photobucket, I decided to give Flickr a test drive, upon Adam's and someone else's suggestions. I had contemplated using Hello!, but the website did not convince me that I would actually find it useful, and I am always weary of any program that requires me to download it. Flickr is substantially better than Photobucket, definitely check it out if you want to serve up photos on the web.

I spent a couple hours taking, editing, and uploading pictures of my yarn stash to Flickr, to give everyone some colorful photos to look at and to give Flickr a whirl.

Here is some Tahki Donegal Tweed in color 848 (Adam says it looks like potatoes). This is the crown jewel of my stash. Ever since I laid eyes on this and Tahki Soho, I have dreamt of living in a sweater knit out of this! 100% wool.

Tahki Donegal Tweed

Stash 050105 003 Edit2

Some Jo Sharp Soho Summer - 100% silky smooth cotton. I used the white to make what will be the Honeymoon Cami, and I am thinking of using the blue to make a skirt or the Citrus Moon Cami.

Stash 050105 004 Edit

Artful Yarns Vaudeville ribbon yarn - 100% merino wool. I used three balls to make a drop stitch scarf that I love, but I don't know if I should make another of the same as a gift?

Stash 050105 005 Edit

Goodwill finds: sport weight acrylic. Don't have any clue what to do with this. I used some of the blue to make lightweight fingerless gloves.

Stash 050105 006 Edit

Manos Cotton Stria - 100% cotton. It's a flat wave. Unsurpassed softness and beautiful rich colors. I fell in love with this cotton the first time I felt it. I started the Everyday Cardigan, but started questioning the pattern, and turns out it's way too big. Haven't picked it up in a while.

Stash 050105 007 Edit

Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece - 80% cotton, 20% wool. I originally started the Everyday Cardigan in this, but I didn't like the weight relative to the Manos. I may or may not pick it up again.

Stash 050105 008 Edit

Random yarns, mostly remainders. Yellow: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. Green: Skye Tweed. Red and sparkly grey: acrylic. Natural tweed: random Japanese brand. Peach: Tahki Chat.

Stash 050105 009 Edit

My Cascade 220 collection! All earnmarked for sweaters. Some is superwash. 100% Peruvian wool.

Stash 050105 011 Edit

Finally, the bag that I store all my WIPs, needles, and notions in. Makes a decent carrying bag too.

Stash 050105 012 Edit

Hopefully will post more later. Hope you enjoyed the photos :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home